Saturday, May 16, 2009

Drugs anyone?

So, I know what you're thinking.  And by "you" I mean Audrey, because she is the only one (I think) who knows about this blogs existence.  Also, speaking of which, how in the heck did you find this Audge?  Anyways.  You're thinking "Wait, i thought Sierra said she wasn't going to write stuff on this blog."  And I'm thinking, I know, I'm just as surprised as you are.  And then you're thinking, "I'm really nervous about the title of this post, it looks suspicious and scary."  And I'm thinking, I know what you're thinking, but stop thinking it because it's not true, and just let me finish the story.  I know, I know.  I'm a mind reader.

ANYWAYS.  So I just started working in a pharmacy a few days ago.  Can we say nerve-wracking in 50 languages? There is so much to learn and know, I just don't even know how pharmacists do it.  Oh wait, with like 90 years of practice.  Hmmm.  

Yesterday I worked from 9 am to 6 pm.  It was a pretty long day.  I think during that time period I counted over 1000 pills.  Also, I counted this one lady's pills like FIFTY THOUSAND TIMES because I was so scared that I would give her the wrong number and somehow she'd overdose and die.  (A little drastic I know, but still).  Oh, and did I mention the number of pills I had to count out fifty thousand times?  90.  Um, HI.  Awesome.  

But actually, I'm really loving this job--there is so much to learn and I can't wait to figure out the ropes around the pharmacy and get into this career.  Gotta love it!

1 comment:

  1. oh, my goodness, i have never read something straight from the internet that spoke right to my thoughts exactly at the same time they were forming.
    also, ever heard of a little thing called blog stalking?

    ReplyDelete