Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sundays

I love Sundays. Sunday is the best day of the week. You get all dressed up and go to church and be edified and taught, come home, are taught some more by visiting teachers and home teachers, spend time reading the scriptures, praying, and just being alive. Sundays are the BEST. And especially right now when it's still beautiful outside and the leaves are changing, and a Sunday walk is just the thing you need to recharge your batteries and prepare for a new week.

This week will be a busy one for me. I have a Chemistry test to take tomorrow, a math test this weekend, and homework and projects to do in between. That's what I'm talkin bout! Don't you just love the insanity of school?

Thoughts recently: I love the fall. I love watching all the leaves change on the mountains, and on all of the trees in the neighborhood. Watching the leaves pile up on all the lawns reminds me of this old man that lives at the bottom of my street--he spends at least 2-3 hours everyday during the fall raking EVERY SINGLE LEAF off of his lawn, his driveway, and basically his entire corner. It is spotless. Each day, as the season grows colder, more leaves fall. And every day, he is out there doing the same thing - day after day. I always have wondered why. I kind of like the blanket of color that the leaves make on my lawn. But I do have to admit that he makes the corner of our street look absolutely fabulous because of his dedication and meticulousness. So, I get the best of both worlds--my colorful lawn, and his neat and tidy green one.

Gotta love the fall.


Also, best and funniest thing in the world happened tonight. Audge-podge and I bumped heads really hard while jumping over a concrete barrier and yelling "PARKOUR", and I laughed for at least 20 minutes, all the while crying in pain. "Parkour", you know what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment