Tuesday, June 23, 2009

One word. Ragnar.

So, let me just tell you about my weekend in a few words.

Ragnar Relay.  188 miles.  Running my guts out in the heat, the night, and the early morning.  Profuse bleeding of the nose just a few minutes before running 4.5 miles.  3 hours of sleep.  The reflection of the moon on a lake as we drove past at 3 am.  Getting to know some incredible people and laughing our heads off.  Brian Regan.  Spaghetti...twice.  Racing down the canyon on my last run and listening to a Jojo song at least 500 times.  Adrenaline.  Green and more green.  The beauty of all those little towns.  Millfirth (well, that's what I wanted the town to be called).  Rocky Mountain High.  Thousands of people all running or driving together.  Random pioneer trekers on the road--we became best friends.  24 hours of awesome insanity.  Delirium at around 11 pm before we had a little time to sleep.  The red beaming sunrise.  More cowbell. One of the best experiences of my life.  Oh, and not really being able to walk the next day.  Also, I'm starting my training like NOW for next year.

Then after that.  Speaking in church the next day with my old Stake President and his wife who are going to be Mission Presidents in Barcelona.  I wish I could go with them.  Spain.  I love Spain.  Wonderful Father's Day with my family.  

Pita chips are probably the best thing that ever happened to me.

2 comments:

  1. i can't believe you ran a marathon!
    also- some words for this upcoming weekend: wedding, audrey, flowers, butterflies, cookies, pretty little things, sisters, tall people, taggarts, joanna, princesses, ash-mae, wombats reunite!, karin reunite!, prank call mckenna at the reception, cake, more flowers, for time and eternity, bring your pita chips

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaaha DUDE! No one knows what pita chips are. I NEED TO HEAR ABOUT THIS RACE! AND YOUR TALK! BAHHH!!! I'm calling you this week so don't freak out about it and cry.

    ReplyDelete